The reason I like to use Google products is because it lets its users perform customizations to their liking. And one product of Google which you can customize is Gmail. So here’s how you do it:
1. Log-in first to your Gmail account. (Obviously)
2. Click the Options (gear) icon.
3. Click the Themes tab.
4. Select any of the pre-built themes, or select Create Your Own Theme.
5. If you selected Create Your Own Theme, a new window will pop-out. Hover your mouse over the area you want to customize and click on the downward arrow button. You can customize the color of the text, links and background. You can even put your own background image to use.
6. After you’re satisfied with the looks, click the Save button at the bottom of the customization window and then click Close to close the window. You now have your own, personalized look of your Gmail.